Sunday, July 22, 2012

Exciting days #1

Tuesday started out like any other day. Zoey and I watched Mickey Mouse in my bed because she woke up at 6 for some reason and I was not about to start the day that early. We ended up both falling asleep after a few hours. A little after 11 I got a phone call from an unknown local number. I really didn't want to answer it and just go back to sleep since Zoey was still asleep and I was going to the hospital the next day to be induced. But I did anyway.

"hello"
"Hi, is this Alicia"
"This is she."
"This is Becky from the DATC practical nursing program....we just had someone drop the program and you are next on the list. Are you interested and be able to start August 27th?"

UHHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I've only been waiting for years.

"Oh, and you did get get accepted for spring, so you could do that too."

If been waiting for years to get into a program and in one call I find out I get accepted twice.

I tell her I needed to make a phone call and will call her back and let her know.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I call Chris to see if I should do August or wait for January. He told me he would support any decision I make. ....what a wonderful husband. :)

I go upstairs to tell Brittany and before I get it out I get another phone call from a local unknown number. So I answer it.

"hello."
"Hi, is this Alicia"
"This is"
"Hi this is so and so from the *hospital, I was wondering if you could come in at 9 in the morning instead of 7 for the induction."

Oh you want me to come in 10 hours earlier, meaning I will see my baby 10 hours earlier. OK!

I told her I needed to make a phone call and make sure that Zoey will be taken care of, even though I knew she would be.

So I call up Chris and tell him and then ask Brittany if she can watch her. Obviously they both said yes. So I called them and said I will take the morning. And then I call DATC and say YES I will start the 27th. She wanted me to come in and get some paperwork and such sometime this week, so i obviously said that afternoon.

So in a matter of 10 minutes my life changed quite a bit!!!

I am officially a nursing student. And a little overwhelmed to have to get everything done in such a short amount of time. But its a good thing I got Chris home all week next week to help me out and hopefully we can get it all done. woop woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.