Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The last candle.

This is writen because of a prompt on Red Writing Hood. I was given a photo and a song. You can see these here. Please feel free to comment. I feel like moments are cliche. But maybe not. And if you have no idea what is going on, perhaps I need to add more detail.
 
 
The light flickered. All of a sudden I could feel all the pain I had been feeling for years drain out of my body, leaving me with a lightness I had never before experienced. I could no longer hear the rain outside, but was left with the sound of my thoughts. The light engulfed me; making me feel complete and unafraid. It was ok. I was ok. It became a source of comfort. I was not alone. They say your life flashes by you in this moment. But it was more the feelings of a lifetime manifested in a single moment. Pure Happiness.  As I walked forward, the emotions became more powerful, drawing me in. As I got closer I knew I had a choice: to continue towards the peace I had been searching my whole life for, or to go back—back to the pain and the anguish. Today, the choice was simple. I kept walking.

8 comments:

  1. It sounds so relieving that you chose to walk on. May many treasures greet you in your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very poetic. I enjoyed your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the serenity you've given to the moment; makes it feel very right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brief and poetic. And yes, clear. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine it feels very much like this. Love how you were perfectly able to describe the moment in such a brief word count.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very compact, not a moment of waste in here. I like it. I think you could do something with why the choice is simple and obvious; I admit I was surprised the choice was to go on, and not to come back. Also, the word "today" implies that the choice has been placed before the narrator before and it wasn't so simple, so what's different today? So many things to explore. And I think my comment is longer than the original piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly hope that moment is as serene as you write it. Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I particularly like this part of the piece:

    But it was more the feelings of a lifetime manifested in a single moment. Pure Happiness.

    The idea that in that moment only the happiness and good matters is really profound.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.