Sunday, September 12, 2010

the next day

I'll start out by saying my Granddad passed away over 3 years ago. It was very tough loosing him and I miss him more than I thought possible.

Well, yesterday at work his youngest brother came and bought something. I can't even tell you what it was he bought since I was focusing on not crying. I've seen him several times in the last 3 years, and have been totally fine. He is just Uncle Dick. But for some reason, as I searched for his Rewards Card under our last name my Granddad's name came up. And at that second I saw his name Dick looked down and out of the corner of my eye he looked just like Granddad. And then I had to realize he wasn't, and he is gone. I really didn't like that feeling of being so vulnerable and raw again at work. And so I went to the bathroom and had a mini pity party for 3 minutes.

That happened on September 11th. It really made me think about all the people who were morning the life of their loved ones who were taken so abruptly. How many of them have moments like I did where they are cut open and the wound is fresh again. I didn't really understand what was going on, or the importance of it at the time. In fact, I didn't even know that the World Trade Towers were and the Pentagon were in different cities at first. Which goes to show I had a lot to learn about the atrocities that happened that day, and the subsequent years after. There are still times when I see a plane flying really close to the ground that my heart skips a beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.