Monday, March 28, 2011

voted off

Today I decided that I am a bad wife.
Why?

Well, you see, I have this horrible fear of throw up. No joke. I get all cold and clammy just thinking about it. I haven't done it since I was 8. And that was mainly because I choked on an apple peal. I've somehow surpassed a full pregnancy barf-free, which at times wasn't an easy task.

That being said, my husband has the stomach flu. Luckily I was at school during the brunt of it. But when I was home, he kindly ran to the downstairs bathroom. But, i have a very small house, so I was still sitting in the farthest corner with my computer up and could still hear it. *Shivers* He stayed down there to take a bath and I cleaned up a bit upstairs. After a while I went down to check up on him. He isn't looking too good. He asked for another blanket...which is proof on just how bad he is feeling as he sleeps with only a sheet in the dead of winter. He had me text his boss to say he isn't going to make it and bring him a small glass of 7up.

You might be thinking that I have been a good wife doing all this. But just wait.

I gave him his drink and he was mumbling and said he didn't want it. So I put it on the window ledge above the bed. Then as I was leaving he asked where I put it. So I went over to grab it for him And just as I got over to his side of the bed he made a sudden jerk up. And what was my gut instinct? Run away as fast as I could. And so I did. I ran away from my dear, sick husband all the way out the room and up 2 stairs before I realized he wasn't going to spew, but was just using all his energy to get to a partially seated position to drink it. Boy, did I feel bad. So I hurried back, gave him his drink, and emptied the garbage can in the room just in case.

And this, my friends, is why I should be voted off the good wives club.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I find that quite comical. :) Something you'd see on TV.

    I'm sure you both will find it funny too someday. It's okay that you can't handle every aspect of life due to phobias. Everyone has at least one. So don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.