Thursday, February 16, 2012

Accomplishment

I wrote this for a paper a year or so ago and found it. I'm not sure how I like it. But I thought I would post it for you anyway.
My greatest accomplishment is being truly happy. A few years ago I was in an unhealthy relationship. I was settling for unhappiness. For a while, I was just letting my life float by. So many things happened that were out of my control, like the death of my granddad. I was potentially headed for a downward spiral. Then one day I decided that if I wanted to be happy, I had to do something about it. I couldn’t let my life run past me, leaving me in a hazy fog of sadness. And so I broke up with my boyfriend, moved, and transferred schools. This is undoubtedly the best decision I ever made. The first weekend back home my mom told me she had never seen me that happy in years, and that happiness only got bigger. This one decision eventually led me to my husband and daughter who make me laugh every day. They are my sunshine. And so my most satisfying accomplishment is taking my happiness and my future in my hands, instead of letting it just float by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.