Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Criminal Minds

So lately I've been obsessed with Criminal Minds. It has given me some pretty good company late at night while I've been studying for finals. It has lead me to think a lot about humanity, and my role within it.

One mom said she killed her son and got executed, when in reality she was saving him from her serial killer husband by secretly giving him to a family across the country. She looked death in the face and kept her story, despite being abused and mocked in prison as people tend to be if the kill a child. It brought tears to my eyes as this story unraveled. It really got me thinking, what would you do for your child, for your loved one? Would I be willing to put my life on the line to save my family. I really think I would, but I definitely don't want to test it.

Another episode ended with a Mexican Proverb: A house doesn't rest upon the ground, but on a woman.
I wouldn't have truly understood what this was saying before I became a wife and mother. But I really like it. It is like a glamorized way to say "if mama aint happy, no body's happy."

Do you guys watch Criminal Minds? Don't you just love the quotes at the end that basically sums the entire episode. I think it would be interesting if they said the quote at the start of the episode too it would make this ending even more powerful. What do you all think?

3 comments:

  1. I've been obsessed with criminal minds since... I'd say July. I'm halfway through Season 5. I absolutely adore Dr. Reid, as well as Garcia. Much love to both of them!

    There was one episode where Rossi said that sometimes there is no proverb or quote than can express the day. That was a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, there is a quote in the beginning of the episodes. Just not the same as the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized when I watched yet another episode that they do quote something at the beginning. They should do the same one. That would be so much cooler. I have a thing for quotes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.