Tuesday, May 17, 2011

change of heart

I'm one of those people that will think and think and think and think everything over. And so it takes me forever to make up my mind on big important things. And so sometimes Chris has to kick me and say just make up your mind. Our life is full of impulses that we had thought about for a long time but were "waiting" for the perfect time, and then we said lets do it. Key example, Zoey's pierced ears. We had talked about waiting or getting them pierced forever. Then one day we were at the mall and had no where to go for an hour so we just said lets get her ears pierced. and so we did.

That being said....

We got a puppy!!!!



We have been talking about getting a dog for a long time. (our rule was first get a plant, then a fish, then a dog, and THEN a baby. That obviously didn't happen. but a dog has always been on the list).Then my husband's friend had puppies and we were going to get one, but decided that they were going to grow too big. But that got our puppy heart rolling, and so by the end of the weekend we found the perfect dog.

Her name is Rusty.

Getting her has helped me appreciate the present. For a long time now I have been thinking "when we have a house," or "when I can be pregnant" or "when I graduate" yada yada yada. I've been putting so much focus of the future life I am going to have. But why? I have a perfect family. A perfect house. A perfect life. there is no need to spend so much thought into the future when I have so much going for me right now in this moment.

I'm so grateful that we took the plunge and added this little angel to our life. She is perfect.


PS Happy 100th post!!!! woot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.