Sunday, May 22, 2011

country

We have been spending a lot of time with the in-laws.

in the country.

And when I say country, I mean country. One morning I woke up, looked out the window and 2 cows were walking down the road. Its THAT country.

But its perfect.

There is something so refreshing about not having the hoard of people you get in the city. You can't just hop in your car to go to the movie or shopping. You have to figure out creative things to do with your time. We spend lots of time with the family. We take walks to the park. Go to the lake. Have picnics. Take Zoey to see the "oooos," AKA Cows. Its perfect.

I really want to move there one day.

While I am still getting over my city girl ways...I couldn't think of a better place to raise our family. There is such a large sense of community there. That's something I always have valued.

The only problem is that most people make their living by farming. And, well, that includes having a ton of land. And that is probably not in our cards right now. or ever. The other people work out of town. My father in law drives almost 2 hours to work one way. Or at one of the 3 gas stations, the subway, or Dairy Queen. I'm not getting a degree to make people sandwiches. Even though there is nothing wrong with that. Its just not what I want to do.

And so, for now, we are stuck visiting as often as we can. *Sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend from a little bitty town in northern Idaho (Sandpoint) and it's like that. I LOVE IT. Her aunt and uncle have chickens and cows and a donkey and weird sheep that look like goats. And the neighbors have a goat that faints. And sometimes there are rainbows. I would live someplace like that in a heartbeat if I could.

    And, in reference to the "ooos". For some reason Connor does this weird throaty cross between a growl and saying "ahh" at cows. And horses actually. I'm not sure if he thinks they should growl, or if he's coping with how much bigger they are than him, but it's funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.