Saturday, August 6, 2011

my strange situation

So I kinda have this strange situation.

I was/am (this technicality is a direct descendant of this strange situation I speak of) a dance minor.

The dance advisor is somewhat of a nutcase most days, really sweet lady, but totally not in our dimension most of the time. Well, I met with her spring semester (after spending months trying to set it up mind you because she never answers the phone or emails) and decided I had fulfilled all my requirements for graduation assuming I passed my classes. For such a conversation to count in the school's eyes, she had to document it on their online tracking system in addition to their records.

Well, apparently she didn't do it. On the second to last day of class I realized this and sent her an email. She responded and said she would get right on it the next day. Well, she obviously didn't, because it still isn't posted.

The dance department is gone ALL summer. And when I say gone, I mean don't read their emails for 3 months and just forget to EVER read them once school starts back up kind of gone. So reaching this lady has been fruitless.

So long story short I couldn't register for graduation.

Longer story shorter, I finished all my requirements for my degree yesterday.

So, I should be a college graduate.

but I'm not.

So instead of feeling accomplished and happy, I feel like little ol me.

So there is my situation. I "graduated" with an English degree yesterday. But I really didn't. Even though I did.

THE END

2 comments:

  1. College advisors are the least bit helpful and I hate it, but kudos to you for graduating. ....kinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you. :)
    I wish they were a bit more helpful at important times, such as this. But this is life I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.