Friday, August 19, 2011

Rush

This is a short fiction piece I cam up with through Red Writing Hood's prompt:

You were to start your piece with “We had to leave immediately” and end it with “And then we realized we were already home.”


so here it is.....




We had to leave immediately. There was no more avoiding the inevitable. Today was going to be the day, and believe me, I wasn’t ready for it. We had just spent the last hour cuddled under the blanket, legs continually moving—sometimes faster than others. I couldn’t concentrate. It was taking over my body. And it took every ounce of me not to give in right then and there.
This was the first time we had been out since the incident, and I thought I was prepared. Turns out nothing can truly protect your dignity. I told him to drive faster. We had to get home immediately. He tries to peak the tension by whispering sweet nothings. But, it only makes it worse.
But, all the avoiding and pleading was fruitless. The new post-birth bladder was still in need of training, and apparently today it lost. In the car. Wearing my favorite jeans.  Mortified, I look up and realize that, naturally, we’re already home.



Yea, I can't believe I just wrote a story about peeing your pants, let alone post it. But, either way, it is here for your enjoyment. Llet me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Cute story! Sure, it's about peeing your pants, but that's okay. It made me smile.

    Visiting from Red Writing Hood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the beauty of these prompts; you never know what direction they may take you in! Having to pee is certainly a great reason for having to leave immediately.

    It made me smile as well. Nicely done! Stopping by from WOE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, have I been there! Reading this, I was reliving my own personal experiences. Too funny! Great take on the prompt.

    Visiting from WOE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea! After three kids, I know all about bladders!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.