Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 1 The Story Behind trying to be a WAHM

My mission: to be a work at home mommy by my baby's 1st birthday--October 14, 2010. This gives me a little less than 6 months to do it. Is it possible???

You might ask where all this is coming from. Here it is...

Well I reread my personal blog and I have written countless times how I want to be a stay at home mom, but it just isn't in the cards right now. I got to thinking, why isn't it? How much do I really make at *insert office supply store place of employment*? Well, lets see. My last check was $39.43. The one before that really wasn't much better. Seriously!! I go through the stress of finding a sitter, looking presentable to go to work, and have to deal with nasty customers for THAT. Granted, I only worked one day that week, but still. Its not worth it. So i said "Alicia, is there a way I can just save my monthly paycheck in things we waste our money on?" And it dawned on me. GROCERIES!!!!! We spent over $80 in groceries in 6 days. And we still don't have anything to eat, naturally. Yeah, I don't even make enough to cover our groceries. My job really is kind of pointless.

So I started searching for ideas and came across http://moneysavingmom.com/. Let me tell you, you need to go over there and read it. I spent probably a good 3 hours just reading what she has to say about everything. While reading, I thought why don't I do a blog about my new goal to be a wahm? And so here it is.


And so now I have this large game plan in my head. This game plan will be documented tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.