Monday, April 2, 2012

Eventful Weekend

I celabrated my birthday on Friday. My dad was real excited because IFA was supposed to get a big shipment in of lots of baby chickens, and he wanted Zoey to go see them. So he said we will go on your birthday and go out to lunch. Z and I got ready early in the morning...ok, so maybe it was more like 10...and went to my Grandma's to pick up my mom. (she lives there at the moment. But my parents are still married. Its a complicated arrangement they got going on.) She still had to get ready, so she took Zoey downstairs to "help." While I ended up taking an hour nap on the couch. It was great. Then we went to my dad's. And he still had who knows what to get ready. So I got to watch my discovery health chanel, which I love but don't get at home.  So that was great too. This whole time Zoey kept saying "baby chickens! baby chickens!"

We finally got there. And as excited as Zoey was, she really didn't like the baby chickens. She actually was kind of scared of them. It was kinda funny. She didn't mind the baby ducks or bunnys though. They have these quail there that were probably the size of a quarter. They were so tiiiiiiiiny. And cute. Apparently you keep them in an aquarium. Interesting. But whatev. 

By the time we get out of there it is already 3, so we just get hamburgers on our way and eat them at his house. By 4 Chris is calling to say he will be home in an hour and to get ready because he wanted to take me to Salt Lake for dinner. It takes a while to get everything ready to go (do you see a patern with my family. Its no wonder I was always late to things growing up.) And for some reason I get home at 5:30. Chris is upset that it took so long. By this time I was just tired and didn't really feel like going out to eat. But he told me we are going because he is leaving in a couple days (more on that later). And we drive and drive.

Turns out he planned a surprise dinner at Joe's Crab Shack! We walk in and there were some friends, and a little while some balloons. Charlotte and Brittany got stuck in traffic. They were supposed to be there before me. I was so surprised. It was a great night.

Saturday Chris had to work. But I had lunch with a few friends I hadn't seen in a long time. It was super nice. Zoey was being a goof like always and shaking her head vegerously whenever they talked to her. Silly thing. Chris got home and we had dinner at my Grandma's. It was a nice night there too. Zoey loves helping her get ready for bed. She knows every single thing she does. Which is a lot. She even got a little tooth flosser thing in a bag. She was in heaven. She even had to sleep with the flosser. It was pretty funny.

Oh! And I got a letter back from the DATC. I am an alternate for the nursing program. Finally not a rejection letter...but not an acceptance letter either. So I just have more waiting to see if I get in.

Sunday was our relax and watch Confrence day.

And so there you have it. My weekend in a nutshell.

On a side note, I only have 2 more chemistry assignments and 1 more test and I'm done with that class. And I have a paper and 2 quizes for microbiology and I'm done there. And it looks like I might get decent grades in it. So if I don't get in this time, I'm a shoe in for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.