Wednesday, June 15, 2011

memory...?

Do you ever get a random memory? And when I say random, I really mean random in every sense of the word.

I am doing homework listening to some soothing music. I then think of listening to Enya with my dad.

I then go back in time to second grade where we are listening to Enya. For some reason I knew who it was and other classmates didn't. We were in the far corner of the room by the maps and date way up by the ceiling. Which was 1996 by the way. The one was pink or red and the 6 was green. I can't remember what colors the 9s were. A group of kids surrounding me asking if it was _____ or ______. A girl named Rachel guessed one, then a boy named Chris guessed. And he actually got it right. I remember not wanting all the kids to leave me so I didn't want to say that he was right. And so I whispered he was right in his ear. And then everyone knew that he was right anyway. And so I a lot of them left me. I remember thinking, I should have whispered to everyone if they were wrong or right.

How on earth does this almost pointless memory last, while I have a hard time remembering all the details of my wedding or when Zoey was born?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.