Friday, April 13, 2012

How I met your Father Part IV

The next day I stay with my aunt and cousins for a while. They went to visit family from the other side. It was slightly awkward since I didn't know them. Then Aunt Sheri got a call or text from someone. She said that Chris is on his way, he forgot to give something to them. And sure enough here he comes trotting in the door. Ok....what am I supposed to do? I can't just run up to him and say thanks for the great night. So I kind of just sit there and avoid all eye contact. After a while he leaves. Turns out he just wanted an excuse to come see me again and was pretty disappointed I didn't talk to him. We start to text back and forth throughout the day.

My mom and I leave to go back home. She really wanted to hear all the gossip of the last couple days. But I didn't want anything to do with that. I was in my own little world. I had a plan. I was breaking up with the boy back home. And I wanted to switch schools...to one that just happened to have a great dance program I could get into. And happened to be the same school Chris was going to go to. As we drove past it I asked my mom what she thought about me going there and, once again, she jumped on the opportunity. I text Chris so see if he knew there was a deadline for admissions, as it was already the end of July. One thing lead to another and my dad was at home calling the school to see what needed to be done for the transfer.

I got home and went straight to the boy back home's place and broke up with him. I honestly don't know what the reasoning was behind it, besides I wanted my freedom and he wasn't going to take me anywhere really. He wasn't going to buy me drinks from a gas station. I cried and cried and cried. Turns out I wasn't ready for that, and we got back together after a few days...if we even lasted that long. That summer we broke up a few times.

Christina and I kept texting, mainly when I was at work so boy wouldn't see and be suspicious. I told him that we were going back through to another wedding. So he told me that he and Webb would be at my aunts and we could play dance dance, since I had no idea what he was talking about.

One night right before the second wedding, I can't remember what we were talking, about but I remember thinking I can't break up with boy because no other boy would ever want someone as damaged as me. And boy, at that time, I was pretty damaged. And so I stopped talking to Chris for a while, which was probably only a day in all honesty.

I felt kind of strange telling my mom we had to stop at my Aunt Sheri's because some boys wanted to see me. But we did anyway. Chris called while we were on our way, but I didn't answer. I didn't want to make a bigger deal out of it than it already was. (which was really nothing...) Apparently he forgot the game and wanted us to pick it up on the way. So we get there and have nothing to do. They were sitting on either end of the couch with the middle open. I purposely sat on the floor next to my mom. It was awkward and nothing at all like the rodeo. I was starting to think that that was just a fluke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.