Tuesday, April 10, 2012

How I met your father. Part 1

Yesterday at work I had a student follow me around. He wasn't scared to get in there, which was nice and had lots of questions. One, non CNA related was how I met my husband. I only got half way through the real story, but it got me thinking...one day Zoey is going to ask us. So I better get it down before any more details fade. It is hard to believe that we have spent 5 Christmases together already. Shortly after baby is born we will have our 4th anniversary. 4 years ago I was knee deep in wedding stuff. Goodness gracious, life goes by fast. Anyway, here is part 1 of a potentially never ending series.

How I Met Your Father Part I

I was going to my cousins wedding. They were a year younger than me, and just out of high school. Everyone was making a big deal about it, but I didn't see the problem. I had a ring on my finger as well. Only we were no where close to actually getting married. I'm glad I was smart enough to realize that.

The wedding was to take place down where my mom grew up, which to city people is the middle of nowhere. I was in a dilemma, the last Harry Potter book was to come out the day of the wedding. I wouldn't have time to go buy it, even if there had been a store I could buy it at. And so I preordered it online and had it shipped to my Grandmas. Problem solved. Go me!

I was my aunt's "personal assistant" and did all her running around and just tried to keep her calm. the night before the wedding was a reception. So that morning, I went down to help. I was wearing my favorite purple tank top and shorts. We got there and Aunt Sheri asked where all the boys were to help move chairs and tables. They were late. My cousin had all of his closest friends in his wedding party, and they were all supposed to be there to help. Finally they showed up and did their thing and I continued to do mine. We got some things down, and my uncle made hamburgers for everyone there for lunch. I ate with one of my cousins and there were a few of the boys sitting at the table too. My cousin made fun of one of the boy's shirt. It was a hot pink one that someone wrote Princess Tara on. I thought it was kind of odd, but apparently it was funny.

Princess Tara boy had to leave to get a hair cut. I said that my mom could do it if he waited. But my mom was late, and he was in a hurry. ...little did we know at the time that this was his first glimpse of my mother's time management skills.


Part Two can be read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.