Thursday, April 12, 2012

How I met your Father Part III

A rodeo sounded a lot more fun than waiting around with my mom and grandma reading Harry Potter. So I asked my mom to see if I could go. Apparently she was thrilled with the idea of me going somewhere with Webb and Chris, so off we go. I was just going to stay the night at my cousins, so they would just drop off the two of us together.

Chris drove us through the canyon to the rodeo. That was the scariest but most fun drive I think I have ever had. A few times I thought I was crazy to get into a car with some boy I hardly knew to drive in a canyon while it was raining. Especially since he was more occupied with his passengers than his driving. This was when "Hey there Delilah" was big. He sang it but changed the name to Alicia. Today, he claims that he said Haylie (my cousin who was with me). But I know the first one was Haylie, then the rest was Alicia. I know this because the song played all the time at work after this and it made me giggle.

We get to the rodeo and Haylie finds one of her friends and says she will be back. So the three of us go find a seat. I go in first, then Webb, then Chris. I can't remember a single thing about the actual goings on in the arena. We just talked. And talked. And talked. I was kinda bummed that Webb sat next to me and not Chris. Where did that feeling come from??? I know we talked about a school trip where they stopped to eat 40 miles away from where I am from. They told me that when my boyfriend asked what I did, just say I hung out with Christina and Webblina. And so, Christina and Webblina became contacts in my phone. I just remember laughing and laughing. Some of the laughter was from the oddity of the situation, some of nerves, and some of sheer fun. Haylie found us right when it was about over, naturally.

We stopped at a gas station to grab a drink before we left. I waited in line to buy mine behind them and Chris snagged it and put it on the counter with his. I was not used to someone buying me anything. It was kind of nice.

As they drove us home my mind was racing. They took a detour through a field to get to my aunts house. That was probably the best detour ever. I finally felt like a carefree teenager just hanging out. No pressure to be what I wasn't or trying to fit my life into a mold I had set for myself. I was finally free to be me. I doubt Webb has any idea just how perfect (and symbolic now that I think of it) that short turn was.

Unfortunately, we finally got home. Before I left Webb gave me a ring he folded with a dollar bill. they said something to the effect that I can wear that one instead of the ring I had from the boy back home.

I layed in bed and just relived that night. It was perfect. It was the life I always wanted. But it was over. I was going home in a day and would never see them again. ...Or so I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.