Thursday, February 17, 2011

Artichokes and other stuff

I've come to realize that life isn't going to be all cutesy-wootsy like in the movies. I'm not going to run to my husband at full force and leap gracefully into his arms. You know, life gets in the way too much for that. ....Or the kitchen table. There just isn't enough room in our house to get that good of a running start.

I watch those chick flicks and at those perfect moments when everyone says awwww, and the select few who were graced with over abundant tear ducts are crying away I get a tinge in my heart saying I want that back. Because our whole courtship was one awwww moment after another it seams like. But then I get to thinking, we do have that. More so now than ever. It just manifests itself differently.

We have generally been the type who don't really do much for Valentine's day. (besides when we got engaged, but that's a different story). I've decorated a paper bag to put his lunch in once. That was kind of fun. But nothing tooo out of the ordinary. But this day was different. I was stressed to the max. Actually I'd say above the max. Anywho, I get home and look in the kitchen. And what did Chris cook? An artichoke. You can't say love better than an artichoke. Seriously. It was at that time that I got that heart melting feeling all over again. The fact that I wasn't planning on anything special made it even more special. He is silly like that. Doing things at the most practical time, while being a total surprise.

A friend of mine is going through a major freak out about texting their date back the next day or wait a while. I say don't play around. Don't over analyze. Love is more than just doing things by the book. Its about going with your gut and hoping that their gut is saying the same thing. If you are on the same page, then life will suddenly get a lot more oooie goooie. If you do over analyze, chances are they will too. And that often times doesn't involve good things.

In the end, we have so many people screaming what "love" should be like. It should be what you want it to be, not what others say. We need more than just a cheat sheet of equations to take to this test, because no set of equations are ever alike. (and love should never involve cheating of any kind). No one will ever see love the way you do. And you will probably never see it the same way twice.

This is starting to become a rambling mess. So I think I'm going to end this now. Perhaps something better will come to mind next time. Until then, please enjoy the music while the party is reached.....

 

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.