Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cupcake Party

I'm lucky enough to have a best friend who loves baking. So last night we made 54 cupcakes. 3 different kinds. Pink Lemonade--a recipe she made up herself MMMMMM--Chocolate, and butter pecan. Then on top of that we made a super large cupcake for me to decorate as a castle.

We started this cupcake cooking spree at 8 at night, so needless to say we were up pretty late. Around midnight we were taking a break and thought we heard some people up by our door. Then soon enough our door opened and a guy with a case of beer walked in laughing with a bunch of girls behind him. We told him you have the wrong house.

"No, this is the right party."

Ummm.... no, unless you plan on having a cupcake party this is definitely the wrong house.

Then the girl behind him got to the door. My husband looked down at the door and repeated that this is the wrong house. She looked up and said "dude, this is the wrong house." And they walked out and didn't even close the door.

It was a pretty exciting moment. Kind of scary that random people would walk in our house. But we always lock the door when we are in bed. We had just been going back and forth to the store so we hadn't locked it this time. I'm just very glad they didn't ring the doorbell and wake Zdawg up. I would have been very mad to have to deal with a crabby baby and a billion cupcakes, so much so I potentially would crash their beer party.

Anywho, this is the Princess Pink Party cake I made. It started out as a castle, but mid way through I wasn't liking it at all and my MIL made a statement it looked like a magic pumpkin. And so the creation was born. :)


There is a story about rubber ducks in our household. So that is why we have ducks and not horses. :) Its not as random as it might look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.