Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 6: something you hope you never have to do

Something I hope I never have to do is come across a situation where I have to do CPR, especially to Zoey. I'm CPR certified and I really don't think I would trust myself to actually do it right. And if something were to happen to that person and they wouldn't make it, I would blame myself for not being able to save them or to do more. And if it was Zoey I'd be an even larger wreck. Although I am going into nursing and will see life or death situations, having to do CPR just scares me. Practicing on a dummy is not the same thing as doing it on a real person. Besides I don't want to work in the ER or anything anyways, so hopefully these situations won't be something I deal with on a daily or frequent basis.

1 comment:

  1. Me too! im cpr certified TWICE right now, but can i remember what i did in either of the classes? nope. im scared to death ill have to use it, cuz i dont have any idea what the counts were. i would probably keep pushing on their chest until i have a heart attack! ha. your not alone...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.