Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 13 Music

Day 13 is about music that has helped you get through some tough times.

I can't really say that there was a moment in my life that I turned on the radio and the perfect song came on with the perfect lyrics that changed my life. Sure, there have been times when I related to what the song was talking about, but I can't  really remember a big "AH HA" moment.

There is a band, however, that I will always go to to get me in a good mood. This would be Cute Is What We Aim For. (the main website is under construction, so thats just the facebook page). I'm not entirely sure where they came in the picture, but they became the band my best friend and I have clamed as ours. We've seen them 4 or 5 times. One concert we even drove 7 hours to go to.


It was a long drive. And I was bored.

Charlotte and I were on the ballroom team in college and my nick name became cucu tete because a sweatshirt of I always wore that we bought at one of their shows.


It is now my lucky sweater. It used to be black, but it is really more gray now because I literally wore it every day for about 2 years. I made sure I put it on when I went to the doctors when they thought I might have had a miscarriage. Yes. It is THAT lucky.

 We have even gone backstage and had a CD signed by the band. (Now, everyone but the main singer is gone. But thats ok. I still love them/him). For years in the "who I'd like to meet" section on myspace they were the answer. I was so excited to change that and say I did. Woot Woot.

Perhaps they aren't the "best" band ever with moving lyrics and never done before drum solos. But to me, they are pretty darn awesome. They remind me of the crazy teenage days. And as soon as I hear their songs I get a big smile on my face from all the crazy memories.

Here is their first main song that came out. We were obsessed with his little smerk. ahhh. His hair is kinda crazy, but gotta love his smerk. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAQcNo9yWbM

And now the other half on the cucu tete obsession.


She is wearing stunna shades to protect her identity.


I'm linking up with Tuesday's treasures because having a best friend who actually understands the beauty of the smerk is a treasure.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, that is some powerful good luck. And holy cow, the hair on all of the guys in that video! I've never seen so much male hairpray-and-straightener love in one room. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that one of the coolest things about music, and about the people who sing the songs, is the power it has to just make us feel good, or transport us in time, or remember fun memories in our lives. That's a pretty powerful thing. And wow...their hair was definitely something. Loved your story, and loved the sentiment about your best friend. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Completely A-Z! I love that you want to share your thoughts with me.